What is your body lacking when you have restless legs: Nearly millions of people around the world are suffering from a serious disease like Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), which causes uncomfortable sensations in the legs and difficulty in moving the legs. RLS has an adverse effect on sleep and lifestyle.
If you are troubled by this problem then its exact reason is essential, however many factors of this problem have been identified that can contribute to its development. What is your body lacking when you have restless legs? It is very important to know about this. In this article, we will tell you about the possible nutritional factors that cause RLS.
Understanding Restless Legs Syndrome
Let us tell you that Restless Leg Syndrome is a tantric-related disorder that causes problems like tingling or discomfort in the legs. These sensations are often accompanied by a strong urge to move the legs to get relief from the discomfort. It is very important for you to know the symptoms of RLS. Which indicates that you have restless legs syndrome?
The Link Between Nutrient Deficiencies and RLS
What is your body lacking when you have restless legs? To find out, below we have given the essential nutrients that cause restlessness in your legs and cause RSS:-
Iron is considered important in our body. Iron deficiency is one of the most well-established connections between nutrient deficiencies and RLS. Iron is essential for controlling muscle movements when iron levels are low. If so, then dopamine function may get impaired due to which you see symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome.
How to Address Iron Deficiency:
- To overcome iron deficiency, you should consume iron-rich foods such as beans, poultry, and grains.
- Also, consider iron supplements if recommended by a healthcare provider.
Magnesium is considered an essential nutrient for strengthening muscles. Insufficient magnesium levels can cause problems like muscle cramps. Magnesium deficiency is sometimes seen in people with RLS.
How to Address Magnesium Deficiency:
- You should consume magnesium-rich foods such as seeds, leafy vegetables, and whole grains to overcome magnesium deficiency.
What is your body lacking when you have restless legs? So let us tell you that Vitamin D plays an important role in muscle health. If the level of Vitamin D is low then the risk for RLS increases.
How to Address Vitamin D Deficiency:
- To overcome the deficiency of Vitamin D, you should go out in the sun regularly.
- Vitamin D-rich foods like fortified dairy products, fish, and eggs should be consumed in your diet.
Also Read: High-Fiber Foods To Stop Diarrhea
Folate (Vitamin B9)
Folate, also known as Vitamin B9, is very important to keep the body healthy and is involved in the production of red blood cells and the synthesis of neurotransmitters. Due to the deficiency of folate, you often see symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome.
How to Address Folate Deficiency:
- To overcome solid deficiency, you should consume folate-rich foods such as leafy vegetables, fortified cereals, and legumes.
- You may also want to discuss folate supplementation with your healthcare provider.
B Vitamins (B12, B6)
What is your body lacking when you have restless legs?, then there is only one answer such symptoms also appear due to the deficiency of Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 is necessary for the nervous function and production of neurotransmitters. This problem often occurs due to a lack of vitamins.
How to Address B Vitamin Deficiencies:
- To fulfill the deficiency of Vitamin B12 and Vitamin B6, you should consume food like meat, fish, dairy, poultry, and nuts.
- Consider supplements if advised by a health care professional.
Lifestyle and Other Factors
Apart from removing the deficiency of nutrients, you will also have to pay more attention to your lifestyle. Due to lifestyle, symptoms of RLS often appear. We have given some methods below, by following which you can cure the problem like RLS from its root:-
- Regular exercise: To cure the symptoms of RLS, you should do regular physical activities such as exercise and yoga to improve blood circulation.
- Limiting caffeine and alcohol: Sometimes bad habits also increase the risk of health-related problems like consuming caffeine and alcohol causes health-related problems and symptoms of RLS appear.
- Stress management: Relieving stress is also very important for better health. Stress can increase the symptoms of RLS so you should practice relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga which will give you relief from RLS symptoms.
- Improve sleep hygiene: Adequate sleep is considered very beneficial for better health. Sleep disturbance causes health-related problems in some places and sometimes leads to Restless Legs Syndrome-related problems.
Conclusion: As you know, restless legs syndrome is a challenging condition that can significantly affect your quality of life. This problem often occurs due to the deficiency of certain nutrients, although you should follow the necessary medical advice and doctor’s guidelines. You can fix this problem by doing so. In this article, we told you What is your body lacks when you have restless legs. Provided detailed information about this. Apart from this, let us tell you that to cure this problem, first of all, it is very important to fulfill the nutrients which are lacking in your body, for this you can take advice from your nearest doctor who will provide you with better help in this matter.
Also Read: What Are The First Signs Of West Nile Virus?
Disclaimer: This article provides general information and should not replace medical advice. Consult a healthcare professional for guidance regarding Restless Legs Syndrome or nutrient deficiencies. Information is based on knowledge as of September 2021; individual health situations vary, so consult a healthcare provider for accurate, up-to-date information and recommendations.